*

*

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oatmeal - Chocolate Chip Cookies

My Mother used to make these every summer to take on our picnics.

Oatmeal - Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup of softened butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour (I use self-rising)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 cups oats
1 package Hershey milk chocolate chips
1 cup wal-nuts

Beat the butter with a mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.

Stir in 2 cups flour, 2 cups oats, and 1 package of chocolate chips. Add the nuts.
Drop by teaspoon on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

My niece, Emily, years ago making these cooking together.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect. I have been looking for a good oatmeal chocolate chip recipe. I can't wait to try it out. Yum! Let me know if you tried anything from my recipeblog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Can wait to try this. Hope you don't mind me posting it on my recipe blog.

    ReplyDelete