*

*

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

(This is my mother's recipe. She used to always make this when I was little. I make it for my family, year round, and they love it!)

1 & 2/3 cup self-rising flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts

Mix together with a wooden spoon, sugar and eggs. Add pumpkin and oil. Mix well. Stir in dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg). Add nuts.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I still enjoy making your yummy strawberry cake! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this twice this month: once with my KOK class and tonight for my hubby so he can have it for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete