*

*

Friday, March 14, 2008

Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies

(Not sure where I found this recipe, but it is very good! I did revise it a little.)

2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I like to use canola oil)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in the flour. Stir in the oats, butterscotch chips, and nuts. Drop from a teaspoon onto the cookie sheets. (I like to use my medium size Pampered Chef scoop for scooping the dough out of the bowl and onto the cookie sheet. It is wonderful!!! Also, I do lightly spray my cookie sheets with canola oil cooking spray.)
Bake for 11 to 14 minutes. Let cookies set on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. (I just transfer my cookies to some rolled out wax paper, on my countertop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment